Friday, April 27, 2007

Change, Change O form of man; And rise the demon Etrigan!

Etrigan, for those of you who may not know, is a DC Comics character who has appeared in several Batman storylines as well as having his own title (The Demon.)
Wiki HERE.
Despite the fact that his actions tend to be beneficial to humanity in general, his disregard for individual human life has put him at odds with our regular heroes on a few occaisons.
One of my favorite scenes in DC history is when Green Arrow puts the flame spewing Etrigan down with, yes, a fire-extinguisher arrow. This prompts Batman to comment: "I will never, ever mock your trick arrows again."

In other news, something happened today which I have been waiting for ever since I became a cashier.
$19.84 as the total on an order.
I got out my wallet, told the man he'd just won five dollars, and handed him a pair of two dollar bills....or at least, I would've but, I only had one, and anyhow, I'm poor and he probably wouldn't have gotten the joke.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why 19.84? like the book?

and you read batman. lots of people at my school would be proud of you. :) that's a funny scene. i never would've thought batman would say something funny.

Yensil blogs again! said...

Actually, that scene's from a green arrow storyline.
And I read a LOT more than just Batman. XP
I annoy hardcore anime fans.
Batman could totally kick Naruto's ass. :[]

Yensil blogs again! said...

And yes, like the book.
Hence the 2+2=5 line.... ^^;

working on my sincerity said...

lmao, wtf? XD Fire-extinguisher arrow? Wow. Just, yeah, wow. XD

I don't know, you might've been surprised. XD That's pretty funny....and now I have even more of a need to read the book. >>