Saturday, January 1, 2005

It's been a long road...but I've got faith of the heart.

On a scale of one to sappy, this post is up there.
Just to warn you.




I Miss You by Blink 182





"The unsuspecting victim
Of darkness in the valley
We can live like Jack and Sally if we want
Where you can always find me"

You grew up a lot in 2004. And it was mostly a very good thing.



That's very true.
I've grown up a lot.
I'd have to say that my senior year of high school was one of the most infuential and most fun times in my life.
I've been meaning to do this for a while, but I want to thank all the people who made that senior year the best I've ever had.
Therefore, I shall make a list.
Very sorry if I forget anyone.

Thank you all.
Thank you Karen, for dancing with me at homecoming, and for putting up with my childhood crush.
Thank you Anza for talking to me at lunch, even when I was being antisocial.
Thank you Seth for being my friend ever since I moved to Middletown.
Thank you Patrick, Derron, and Armond for inspiring me to excel in music.
Thank you to all my teachers for giving me the gift of knowledge.
Thank you Adam for helping me to rediscover my inner nerd.
Thank you Mike for showing me that nerds can be cool.
Thank you Justin for being someone who I could know, and yet never understand.
Thank you Tom for being the straight man for my zany humor.
Thank you Andy for making me feel like more than just a skinny runt.
Thank you Kristen for being the best little sister anyone could ever have.
Thank you Niels for being stronger than me and fueling my competitive nature.
Thank you Dave and Brian for being my first friends in college.
Thank you Katelyn for always understanding.
Thank you Valerie for....whatever it is you do.
Thank you Billy for teaching me that life is funny.
Thank you Clarky for being a Joker.
Thank you Rob for being there since the beggining.
Thank you John for Redwall.
Thank you mom and dad for raising me and making me into what I am today.
Thank you Bea for motivating me and forcing me to do my school work.
Thank you Julesy for feeding me, and being someone I can always talk to.
Thank you Megan for showing me that people who are worse off than me can still be happy.
Thank you Ralina (since you hate your real name) for keeping me from getting bored.
Thank you Emma for being someone I can be a role model for.
Thank you Chris for getting me back into D&D.
Thank you everyone from GBP for accepting me and putting up with me.
And lastly...well, shucks, I'm out of people to thank.
So, thank you to anyone I missed, I still love ya, even if I don't always remember.

Well, that's enough sappiness to last the whole year, I think.
I'm going to watch the sunrise.
I think that the new year begins with the new day, and I want to be awake to see it arrive.
My New Year's Resolution: To prove to myself that I am cabable of motivating myself to do what I have to do.
And of course, to totally kick ass in general!
WAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO!



I'm sitting on top of the world.
And feel like nothing can drag me down.
From here, my flag is unfurled.
And up here I can wear a crown.
No one can touch me, no one can see me.
It's just me alone, with the the sky as my throne.
And the clouds rolling by, as I sit here, with I.

Happy New Year,
Yensilthebrave

1 comment:

working on my sincerity said...

Yay for sap.

Sap does mah heart good. Or something. 0.o;

That's such a long list. You're a really lucky guy.

---May the spoofs guide you---
Mouse