Saturday, March 31, 2007

New Year's resolution:

Kick a couple of vices.
Sure, every man should have at least one, but I've got at least five.
So which unhealthy hobbies are gonna go?
Well, I'm trying to eat less junk food, and more veggies.
I'm kicking my caffiene habit and at the same time cutting back on soda consumption.
I know I promised myself I'd quit smoking when and if I was ever in a serious relationship again, but it wouldn't hurt to do it sooner.
Oh, great. That just leaves the two most potentially damaging and hardest to let go of.... One of wich may already be beyond my control.
It's so easy to tell myself I can control it, even when family and personal history tells me that one day it's going to slip beyond my grasp and then we'll all be fucked.
...I really need to find a nice, unendingly patient girl to kick my ass back into line. >_<

And I'd like to play jazz again. It's been too long since I picked up my trombone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pick up my viola, too, if that helps...

working on my sincerity said...

Take a deep breath,
drink a Coke,
relax.

Some vices are more important to quit than others.
It's up to you to choose. -shrug-

You should play on street corners in your spare time. That would be fun.

Anonymous said...

i could take up piano again! we three could be a band! we could play in small gathering places and play for fun, and people would look at us and be inspired.

to kick habits, i've found it's good to just replace them with something else so you don't have to think about it so much.

now, i shall go find you a cool quote.

"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose."
-Charles Dickens