Saturday, May 5, 2007

Karaoke

Yeah, I got drunk and sang "Desperado" in front of a bar full of (mostly) old people.
Like, the average age was probably 40-50.
A few people closer to my age, but I still felt like a kid.
But then, after a double shot of Jack and a couple of beers, I was to drunk to mind.
Then I went home and read comic books till I got bored, watched Groundhog Day, remembered why I shouldn't watch romantic comedies by my self (they remind me how depressingly single I am), by then I was sober so I started some spring cleaning.
And then came to the library, but I should get back to cleaning....

Y'know, I've come to realize something recently.
My faith, both the traditional Protestant Christianity I was raised with and my own more philosphical and liberal and (for some, uncumfortably) non-biblical spin on it, is important to me.
I love humanity, for that I despise the evil inherent in it and in my self.
And I've realized that my love for humanity is a facet of something greater.
I love Jesus.
I may not trust the Bible (especially the parts by Paul, conservatism often looks far to much like bigotry to me. And though I possibly shouldn't bring up the 'gay' issue, I am very much aware that this is the biggest bone of contention between mainstream christianity and my own beliefs. I simply cannot accept that love is wrong.), and I may not trust the church (fellowship is about people, not organizations) I still believe in Jesus and salvation.
But I don't really live like it.

...I've forgotten where I was going with this.

This'll have to do.
I guess it's time I started to turn my life around, and get back on the right track.
But I could use a kick in the ass or two.
And I don't intend to stop being controversial, shocking, or to stop playing devils advocate in religious discussions.
Heh.
And since I've been reading Nietzsche lately, I'll quote him:
"I love him who chastizes his god because he loves his god, because he must perish of the wrath of his god." - from Also Sprach Zarathustra, from the Prologue, Part 4, Kaufman translation.

1 comment:

working on my sincerity said...

Drunk karaoke? Sounds like fun.

I don't know that religion is really definable...I mean, personal beliefs...people are fickle, things are always changing. More power to you for knowing what you believe in.
...I'm not sure what I'm getting at. XD