Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday mornings...

There are a few things I like about them.
Like, that the freeway is so uncrowded on my morning drive home.
And...NO TALK RADIO!
Just music.
And now that it's spring, that means that I can roll down my windows, turn the radio up till I can hear it over the sounds of the freeway, and the wind generated by going 65 miles per hour with the windows down, and just sit back and let the sound wash over me and watch the sun come up.
Anyone else ever notice how beautiful the sunrise is when you're driving north on I-75?
I see it every day as I work my way home through all the anxious commuters who are just starting their days and I wonder, if any of them ever manages to appreciate it.
The way some of them hurry along, I doubt it.
Don't these people know what kind of an effect speeding has on your gas mileage?
It comes to about 20 cents per gallon for every five mph over you go...
Ah well.
You can tell a man where to look, but you cannot open his eyes.
I'm just glad I've finally gotten around to opening mine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous sunrises are on the highway! I see them about once a year...and I savour them.

Congrats on the level...and I'm glad EXP was a good...experience...

Is there such a thing as laser eye surgery for the mind's eye?

Raptur said...

Sunny mornings on the way to school at the right time of year... I'd crest the hill on 122 right before towne blvd and *BAM* I'd see the SUN burning 93 million miles straight ahead of me--and for just a brief moment i'd be headed exactly towards it before the hill dipped me down. I'd spend the rest of the ride watching out for the sun as both beauty and goal.

working on my sincerity said...

That sounds amazing. Like personal therapy, or something. Excellent.