Thursday, October 7, 2004

New Poem

I really don't have much to say. My laptop is temporarily dead, so I've been using the school computers...no FireFox, no AIM, old version of MSN. So I'm stuck with crappy, no tabbed browsing, poor image viewing and copying options, very unhelpful in general Internet Explorer, and the excessively simplified AIM Express. Unfortunately fixing my computer is not high on the list of priorities. I'll get around to it when I can.
I spontaneously wrote a poem the other day when someone accused me of "being too good at poetry." Apparently it's "not fair." But this is what I do. And I don't plan on stopping any time soon, so...

Waste not...

I can't help myself.
I have a gift
To leave it lie upon the shelf
Would cause a rift

Twixt me and god
And leave a blight
On ground I trod
A sore eye's sight

It's a terrible sin
To let things waste
So give not in
To mere poor taste

Nor hubris nor pride
Shall I allow
By my side
This I do vow


I go crazy now!
Jens

No comments: