Saturday, October 16, 2004

Train Stations And Bus Stops

The following is something I wrote in my paper journal while waiting for my bus to arrive.

"Sittin here in a railway station
Got a ticket for my destination"
The words of Simon and Garfunkel drift back to my mind.
When I posted this morning, I referred to this song, but it seems even more apptopriate wo write about as I sit at this bus station.
It's 7:00pm; I've just finished the first leg of my journey home and am waiting for my connection to arrive. Across from me is a concession stand where I've bought some a Sprite, some Doritos, and a hot dog.
The seats...old fashioned wooden, bench type affairs. The stereotypical station seats that you see in movies.
In fact, a closed Amtrak office sits in one corner. So this was a trainstation at one time, maybe it still is.
The aura of the place really gives me an image of the setting for that song.
Oh! There's a train passing overhead right now.

Back to the present: It turned out that my bus got delayed two hours...we finally left around the time I was origionally supposed to get to Dayton, ah well.
So my first day home has been fun. I slept pretty late, I did stay up all night cramming, and couldn't sleep well on the bus, so it was justified sleep. Besides my parents were both at work and my sibs at school, so there wasn't anything to do yet anyway. Went to the Butler Bowl tonight. (For those who aren't from Middle town, It's our high school VS our archrivals, Hamilton High School.) We won 14-28, it was a fairly boring game. Nevertheless, I got to see a lot of my old friends and a few teachers, so I'm glad I went.
I carved pumpkins with my sister this afternoon, it's a bit early shure, but she wanted to do it when I was home. Her pumkin says welcome, with a scary pair of eyes over the O. Mine is just a wee little baby pumpkin; it only cost a dollar. It was big enough to put a little carving of a cat on it though, it was actually just the cat from a larger design, which shows a cat sitting on a crescent moon. I've used that design before, and my sister pointed out that the cat was just the right size for my pumkin, so I thought, what the heck, I'll go for it. It turned out nicely too. I just hope they last the two weeks till halloween. I wonder if there's something we can spray them with to help them...*shrug*
I haven't done all that much life related posting recently, I guess that just shows how big of a deal this trip home was. Ah well, it's been fun so far.
Sittin here listenin to "I Am, I Cried" by Niel Diamond, I liek this song enough that I may use lyrics for it in my title link some time, we'll see.

4 comments:

working on my sincerity said...

^^ Have I told you how happy I was that you got home? Way happier than I thought I would be. XD But I'm just so happy. *huggles* ^^

You're so creative with your pumpkins! XD My family always just cuts little circle eyes and jagged teeth XP

Just lettin' ya know I read(XP)
---May the spoofs guide you---
Mouse

Yensil blogs again! said...

Triangle Eyes!
And yes, we've already determined that I'm hyper creative...not to mention just plain hyper. XP

working on my sincerity said...

XD Huzzah for hyper! -Insert :whee: Gaia face- XD

Yensil blogs again! said...

I always called that the fart face O_O"