Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Who says you have to write alone?

I wrote another poem, took me a while to do it though. Some come easier than others I guess.
Fortunately I wasn't alone on this one. Mouse provided a lot of help with brainstorming and just talking through ideas. It's fun to talk to someone about a poem as I write it, and it tends to help me think. I really don't have much else to say about it so, here it is.



Let It Shine

A light that shines within the light
Doesn't tend to shine too bright
But a light that shines within the dark
Is seen, e'en though it be a spark

But a spark can set a field ablaze
With a little help and a little praise
A flood can spring from a river mild
Or a hero from the smallest child

A single man commands a fleet
Across the ocean's flood
The human heart can only beat
Because our world is full of blood.

A tiny rudder steers a ship
A horse is guided by a simple bit
The toungue is small and yet a word
Has greater power than a sword

I'm told a hurricane can spring
From the distant stirring of an insect's wing
But the dust that covers a translucent pane
Will always wash off in the rain

So shine your light and do not fear
No matter how small your flame
There are always hopeless in need of cheer
And unknowns who need a name



It's time for jazz band, Cya'll
Jens

No comments: