Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Rejected In The Rain

The result of a late night walk in heavy rain:

To Rainy Days And Castaways

Some thoughts are merely locked away
Never to see the light of day
A castaway with a shining crown
Rules over those who cast him down

From sorrow to light
From darkness to joy
The desperate plight
Of an innocent boy

From mourning to morning
From dawn until dusk
Now openly scorning
What is naught but a husk

I went for a walk in the rain
And I never came back
Now I'm all wet to boot
I thought of a train
As it steamed down the track
While coal was heaped in it's chute.

And I couldn't sleep last night
But I couldn't feel more right
Not so much at one with the night
As at one with the storm
And it's here that I am warm

Who then shall I fear
Save for my god
Who sees endings as clear
As he sees where I've trod

I don't always make sense,
I fill a page with laments
O'er a life that wasn't mine
And yet...Will ne'er be so fine

The sky does glow red
With the blood of the dead?
Now it eerily lights
The most horrible sights

I went for a walk in the rain
But alas I never returned
For I could not feel through the pain
From the fire that in my soul burned

Is this the rambling of a disturbed mind
If you were to search it, then what would you find?
Perhaps now I may sleep
In a slumber so deep
That no nightmare can prey
Nor foul vision hold sway

And as my eyes begin to glaze
My mind will wander as it strays
To rainy days
And castaways


That's all,
Jens

2 comments:

working on my sincerity said...

As always, you've pumped out a great poem. ^^ You have my envy. XD I guess that's all. >>;

---May the spoofs guide you---
Mouse

Yensil blogs again! said...

Yes, it is a very blue poem.
Possibly a bit reminiscent of some of my earlier works. Room for trains, and A Ghost of What Once Was come to mind.
Very glad to see you back under your true name.
I need my spoof to guide me.
Thank you, and welcome back.