Tuesday, August 24, 2004

No, I think he meant a "pulseometer".....

Well, I know I'm waaay behind. My browser wouldn't work last night and I ws exhausted so I went to bed early. So now I have to describe my first two days of College. So here goes.

My biology Prof. is new on the staff, and i think pretty new to teaching, he has a slight tendency to fumble for words... Hence the title, he was talking about lab equipment for some purpose or an other, and he mentioned: a treadmill for the person to run on, a stopwatch, and a...uh...stethoscope to measure their pulse with. This was just an example of potential lab equipment. Neverthelesss, I'm pretty sure the word he was searching for was "Pulseometer", good word that.
He then went on to discuss lab safety, which leads me to give you the following quote: "So, In the unlikely event that you set yourself on fire in the lab, you will know where to go to get yourself, uh...... not on fire" which is not actually what the emergency shower is for... oh well, it was a rather amusing quote, and he is new. So I'll let it pass, not good to feel superior (and even less good to act superior) to your profs, I'm sure he know a helluva lot more about cell biology than I do.
so now, on to my other classes, nothing else of much interest happened the rest of the day except that chemistry met in a different class than my schedule said, but it didn't cause me any trouble. Also I went to bed early, do to sleeping problems over the weekend, all better now. So, on to tuesday (err today):

Well Cell Bio lab was canceled do to lack of equipment or something, so I slept in. MY Intro to the Bible class looks kind of interesting, but I'm not sure I like the Prof. He seems like a pretty cool guy, but not the kinda guy I'll necessarily get along with. Guess I'll just have to work hard and keep my hed down, I should be okay if I can do that...(Points to the ADHDness that says he will probably do just the opposite) (Silence ADHDness!!! I shall overcome thee!!! You won't ruin my life!!!)
Well there're a few people I already know here, from my campus visit last fall, and from the second visit for the scholarship competition. So far I've only had to sit alone at a meal once, which suited me fine at the time anyway so I'm not complaining.
On a brighter note, had the first Chem lab today, I was a wee bit late (but unlike my intro to the bible teacher, this guy's cool with that) but I still managed to finish the lab so I don't have to go back on thursday, which is good, mucho good. Aaaannndd I've got a HOT!!! lab partner. The Prof said that if he were picking a lab partner he would probably look for the prettiest girl in the room (handsomest guy for the girls of course), or, if he wanted to get an "A", he'd try to find the smartest person in the room. Now, my logic works thusly: I didn't think I'd have to look far to find teh smartest (there being a good chance it was me...) so I opted for finding someone I'd want to impress with my own smartness, since that would motivate me to work hard. And I believe I was successful. So, If my life continues along it's current trajectory then: A) I can't wait for Bio lab next tuesday, B) I should do pretty well afterall if I can keep myself motivated, C) I wouldn't mind some help but meh, I should be fine, and lastly D) MAYbe there is tutoring potential here? that would definately motivat me to study...which means that my method of getting A's can be a lot more physically (or at least asthetically) rewarding than the one my teacher suggested...It's good to be smart (and cute to boot, I hope so anyway)
Well I gotta go, Two short essay do tomorrow... and i haven't started yet.

Wierd signout lines are a good thing,
Jens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

XD He sounds like a very interesting professor. I'd love to have him XDD Those type of moments 'not on fire' are hilarious...^^; I'd probably like that class. And like the prof said, look for some charming young man to work with *cough* XD Or maybe just a smart-looking nerd(Yay for nerds!), or maybe just a smart-looking chick. Whatever works *shrugs* But I don't even like partners in the first place...*ponders* *shrug*

Anywho...Sounds like you've had a great first few days 8D That's good to hear. So...Um...><; I guess I'm done, then.

---May the spoofs guide you---
DespondentDreamer