Monday, September 13, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost."~J.R.R. Tolkien

My mind...a good place to wander...be careful that you don't get lost!
Today will be a collection of Tolkien quotes....and some comments about my life based on them. Oh, and you wouldn't believe how many blogs/livejournals/xangas/whatever have that title...go ahead, google it.

"Deep roots are not reached by frost."
And the second to most recent post won't be read...unless I remind you. Check out the one before this guys. I'm pretty sure no one, other than rob, has been on since I posted it.

"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good on this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
I'm up really early today

"You can only come to the morning through the shadows."
Or really late, it's a matter of perspective.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
I know a great misquote for this one: "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your keyboard."

"It needs but one foe to breed a war, and those who have not swords can still die upon them."
...I thought Homer said that? Just kidding. My dad always says that "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent." Drives me crazy. Next time I hear it though, I've got this baby up my sleeve!

"Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no."
GRAAHHH!!!! Stupid elves, always talking in riddles. Never can figure out what's going on. It's kind of like a chinese Kung Fu movie...only without the Kung Fu. Or maybe it's like channeling spirits...Nahhhh, that makes too much sense to be true.

"The wise speak only of what they know."
Whereas fools just speak....What!? I can't be funny all the time!

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
So, we need more people like me............WHAAAAAT?!?!?!? QUIT LOOKIN AT ME LIKE THAT!

"It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish."
It's scary how well this applies to my homework.

"Courage is found in unlikely places."
Can't argue with that...nothing...else...to...say...it hurts to admit that I should just shutup for once. (which is why I said all of that)

"Few can foresee whither their road will lead them, till they come to its end."
Keep on truckin guys and gals,
Jens

2 comments:

Donna said...

I saw your comment on the New Wine Anyone blog. I felt so sorry for you when you said you were lucky to get one comment. I thought I would check out your blog and send you a comment. Hope this helps!

Yensil blogs again! said...

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been doing alot better with comments recently, mostly because I've been campaining heavily. It's nice to see an unsolicited comment. Wish I got more. It's not that people don't read my blog, they just claim that they have nothing to say. Oh well, The Quest Continues!!!