Monday, September 27, 2004

The World Is Your Mollusk!

Crack it on a rock and get the chewy, sweet goodness inside.

My apologies to those who don't like clams...or oysters...or whatever...have a lobster instead, or maybe some shrimp....Aaaannyway, the point is that the world is a big place. You have to explore it thouroughly. Since I'm using a seafood analogy I may as well continue it by saying that in order to catch clams you have to dig for them. At this point you wash them thoroughly, and then there are a variety of ways to cook them. One popular way is to bake them, while they are still in their shells. You then pry them open, and eat the large 'foot' muscle that makes up most of their body.

Sea gulls go about this in an entirely different manner. Firstly they eat the clam while it is raw, which is understandable since they are birds. After being fortunate enough to cath a mollusk, usually from tide pools, they grasp it in their talons and fly high into the air. They then drop their prey onto a hard rock, smashing the shell to peices and exposing the tender muscle.

Well, here I am in Chicago, third largest city in the US, and I'm spending waaay too much time in my room. BUT THIS WILL CHANGE!!! Starting next week(end) I am turning over a new leaf. I've found (will find) a few people to hang out with, and hopefully will be heading off into the city to do stuff, now that I finally have available money. I have an oyster here, and I've yet to crack it!

A new quest begins!
Jens

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is great to hear!
crack that oyster yensil!

~Tommu

Yensil blogs again! said...

Thanks for all your support guys!