Wednesday, September 29, 2004

No Title, No Link, No Bookmarks, No Nothing

Yup. I managed to have all of my bookmarks deleted over the weekend. All the webcomics I read...gone. All the blogs I read...gone. so if you want me around, you gotta post a comment so I can follow your profile back to your blog. And now, a poem.

Contrasts

Lies
Come rushing to my ear
So many
So loud I cannot hear

Truth
Calls out to me in vain
Too late
I hide in my own pain

Time
Slips through the unseen hand
Of God
Is our existence merely planned?

Life
Blows past us in a gust
Of wind
Next thing you know, you've turned to dust

Death
Can come within your prime
But who
Can choose when it's their time?

Love
Can tear a man apart
And yet
Can tame the coldest heart

Hate
Anger burning fierce
And like
A knife it seeks to peirce

Faith
Ability to see
What is
Not there, and yet, may be

Doubt
Unsurety and grief
Disproved
does often bring relief

Hope
From human hearts forever springs
No telling
What Tomorrow brings

Despair
Could things get any worse?
With life
There's always hope, so do not curse

Sorrow
My e'er returning friend
Will come
A time, this too, shall end?

Joy
It warms the very soul
It flows
To all, out of control

Mirth
And tears both have their place
At times
Together, on my face.


It's time for sleep,
Jens

No comments: