Friday, September 3, 2004

That Poor Desk!!!

Well, we all make mistakes I suppose. I know I've made my share of similar blunders. That sort of error is very easy for me to Identify with. (if you have no Idea what I'm talking about, click the link in my title and then come back)
For the rest of you (and those of you who have returned)...I forgot what my point was. Oh well. I am way ahead writing poetry, I have three poems waiting to be shared, but I'm only going to show them one at a time. That's just to make sure people come back everyday...or something...

Anyway, the weekend ahead is a long one, no school monday. I look forward to it. I just hope I can get enough money....been having a little bit of trouble transferring it from my savings to my checking account. All should be better soon though.

And now for the obligatory commentary on the poem. You may remember a poem called "Obsession", It was one of the first poems posted on this blog, I have changed it's name slightly, it is now "Living In Rhyme (Obsession, Part I)" the reason for this is that I have turned it into a series of sorts. If you would like to reread it, click HERE. The following poem is a continuation of sorts. It also happens to have been written while I was in the process of fecating, seriously. I was sitting in the stal, the room across the hall was playing loud rap music, and I heard someone lose their temper and start yellin. Now you may ask "how is it that you happened to have your note book with you?" It's quite simple...I did that on purpose, I wanted to see what sort of inspiration I'd get (the first obsession was also written in a restroom....though that's not why they're in a series). And now, you can read:

Poem For A Restroom Wall (Obsession, Part II)

Sitting here in a bathroom stall
A word is written on the wall
A shout of anger from outside
I sit in here and try to hide

The rapper has his ghetto beat
My rhythm is the sound of feet
He speaks of life back in the slums
I dance to very different drums

Each poet has a style his own
One man may smile, another groan
Another laugh, another moan
And others are, as yet, unknown


I seriously think better in the restroom,
Jens

No comments: